Do you love to troubleshoot and provide IT support to clients with complex technical issues?
Do you want to work for a company that is invested in your technical support development?
Mirus IT are looking for a 3rd Line IT Support Field Engineer based in Milton Keynes.
The Senior Field Engineer will be a part of the Field Services Team that is managed by Gareth Davies, from our office in Wymbush, Milton Keynes. This position is 80% field based, 20% site cover and will be no more than 1-hour travel from the Milton Keynes office to client sites.
The key responsibility for a Senior Field Engineer is to attend client sites, assist with break-fix maintenance and troubleshooting for all reported issues. You are also expected to respond to reactive issues and complete the successful installation of both software and hardware to meet client requirements.
For this you will have -
- 3+ years’ experience as an Engineer providing IT support to SME’s;
- Familiar with working to SLA’s to meet both customer and contract requirements;
- Troubleshooting experience to an expert level (Level 3 IT support);
- Experience of providing IT support to multi-site clients;
- Windows Server Technologies (2008/2012/2016).
- VMware / Hyper-V.
- PC / Server Hardware.
- Active Directory.
- Firewalls (ideally SonicWall) and Routers.
- Backup Technologies (Backup Exec, Veeam etc.).
- Networking, including DNA,
- Exchange (2010/2013/2016.
- NAS and Storage Technologies.
- VoIP Telephony;
- Mac Support Experience;
- ITIL v3 Foundation.
- Qualified to at least one of the following - MCSA: Windows Server 2012/2016 or MCSA: Office365 or MCSA: Cloud Platform, CCNA (Switching and routing) or VMware Certified Professional 6.5 - Data Center Virtualization (VCP6.5-DCV).
- First stage: This will be a 30 minute – 45-minute technical conversation with the Lead Escalation Engineer;
- Second stage: Will be a Teams video interview with the Field Service Manager;
- Third stage: A Teams video interview with the Field Services Manager and Service Delivery Director;
- Final stage: This is offer and agreement of a start date. Start day is usually a Monday @ 9:30 am dependent on your availability.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- A tailored professional and personal development plan.
- Receive up to 10 to 15 days training per annum, relevant to your position.
- When you join Mirus IT you’ll get your pick of our amazing company perks from Perkbox.
- Partner discounts.
- Support is just a phone call away with this valuable employee service that Mirus IT offer called EASE from Westfield Health.
- Free flu jab funded by Mirus.
- Free financial well being advise and competitive loans. through the Neyber platform.
- Cycle2Work Scheme.
- Discounted personal Costco membership.
- Mtech Scheme (technology loans on discounted IT products.
- Free use of the on-site gym.
- Free tea/ coffee and squash.
- Free fruit.
- Work in attractive office space with plenty of free parking – The Mirus IT office has: Pool, darts, ping pong, foosball table, American diner and think pods for those quiet times. Take a look around by clicking here.
- The opportunity to take part in our regular events and activities outside of work. This is for charity or just for fun – check out the Mirus Challenges on our blog.
If you have the qualities and experience listed above, then we would like to hear from you.