Are you passionate about IT Projects and managing the full life-cycle for these with exciting companies?
Do you want to manage highly technical engineers on exciting projects?
If you answered yes to the above, then the Head of Professional Services position with Mirus IT is the perfect position for you.
You will manage the Professional Services Team within Mirus IT to ensure the team at Mirus is recognised both internally and externally as an industry leader for their technical skills, attention to detail and approach to project delivery. The team consists of an IT Strategy Consultant, a Project Manager, two Senior Project Solutions Engineers, three Project Solutions Engineers and three Pre-sales Solutions Engineers.
You will plan and implement improvements as well as lead the projects and pre-sales function through the complete project life cycle regularly reviewing the processes and streamlining projects to maximise both use of resource and cost.
Reporting to the Service Delivery Director and working closely with the Sales Director, you will be responsible for –
- Complete pre-sales activity to support the sales team in winning new business.
- Complete day to day project management, in line with the Mirus project delivery approach;
- Assist Business Development Manager/Client Manager as required in prospective client and existing client meetings.
- Continuously review and improve the overall project management process;
- Develop and manage all KPI’s relating to professional services within the business;
- Provide strategic guidance on the professional services approach and future development;
- Provide cover for the Project Manager through planned and unplanned absence;
- Identify and trial new services and products which are suitable for the Mirus customer base.
- Action regular 1-2-1’s with all direct reports.
- Support colleague development to enable them to resolve issues confidently and effectively.
For this, you will have –
- An understanding of full life cycle project management.
- Clear understanding of project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Proven experience of planning project timelines.
- Proven experience of delivering efficiency improvements as a departmental head.
Management / Team Lead
- Team management and supervision i.e. conducting regular appraisals, setting objectives, performance management, mentoring and coaching.
- Experience of managing a team of technical project engineers and project managers.
- Experience of reporting to a Senior Management team on delivery, utilisation, cost and resourcing.
- ConnectWise experience.
- Prince 2 methodology.
- First stage: Is a video call with the Service Delivery Director.
- Second stage: Is a video call with the Sales Director.
- Third stage: Is a presentation to the Service Delivery Director, Sales Director and Finance Director.
- Final stage: This is offer and agreement of a start date. Start day is usually a Monday. Dependent on government guidelines in place at the time this may involve a remote induction.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- A tailored professional and personal development plan.
- Receive up to 10 to 15 days training per annum, relevant to your position.
- When you join Mirus IT you’ll get your pick of our amazing company perks from Perkbox.
- Partner discounts.
- Support is just a phone call away with this valuable employee service that Mirus IT offer called EASE from Westfield Health.
- Free flu jab funded by Mirus.
- Free financial well being advise and competitive loans. through the Neyber platform.
- Cycle2Work Scheme.
- Discounted personal Costco membership.
- Mtech Scheme (technology loans on discounted IT products.
- Free use of the on-site gym.
- Free tea/ coffee and squash.
- Free fruit.
- Work in attractive office space with plenty of free parking – The Mirus IT office has: Pool, darts, ping pong, foosball table, American diner and think pods for those quiet times. Take a look around by clicking here.
- The opportunity to take part in our regular events and activities outside of work. This is for charity or just for fun – check out the Mirus Challenges on our blog.
If you have the qualities and experience listed above, then we would like to hear from you.