Can you honestly say that you’re confident that your staff and colleagues fully understand their role in your cybersecurity? Are you sure that no one is sharing passwords, or using the same password for each system or cloud service? Are they writing them down, if you did a walk around would you see any passwords on desks?
We know the risks posed by users, we've seen the damage that can be caused to businesses first hand, and we've assisted many clients recover their data from an accidental (or sometimes malicious) breach, leak or data deletion. We know how vulnerable people can make even the best cyber security solution, and we understand the need to educate staff about the risks they can pose a business.
- Every 3 seconds someone suffers from identity theft due to cybercrime online.
- Cybercrime is the BIGGEST illegal activity in the world. The cost in 2017 was over $4 trillion and it's rising by a trillion each year.
- 18 million new malware samples were captured in In Q3 2016.
- Verizon reports that 30 percent of phishing emails in the U.S. are opened, with 12 percent of those targeted by these emails clicking on the infected links or attachments.
- 41 percent of people globally cannot properly identify a phishing email and often guess as to an email’s legitimacy.
- In 2017, Wikileaks released a stash of over 8,000 classified CIA documents.
- Most cybercrime is now mobile. Over 60% of online fraud is accomplished through mobile platforms. Additionally, 80 percent of mobile fraud is accomplished through mobile apps instead of mobile web browsers.
- McAfee finds that the average number of records lost to hacking in 2017 was 780,000 per day.
Still not convinced you need an assessment? Check out this short video clearly showing just how easy it is to collect personal data from those who don’t understand the risks posed by everyday technology use.
Cal Leeming, the hacker in this video, is a Keynote speaker at the Buckinghamshire Cyber Security Summit (BCSS 2018) on the 8th November, perhaps you'd like to join us? Find out more:
Want to talk to someone now? Get in touch, one of the team can talk you through how we can offer advice.
The three pillars of Mirus are:
Delivering outstanding service.
Offering strategically successful solutions.
Providing consistent customer satisfaction.