Please show your support for our team by donating http://www.justgiving.com/Mirus-Challenge
AYME are our chosen charity for 2012, and we have decided to face a brand new challenge to help raise money for them. The event is happening on June 3rd 2012.
Previously we have tackled the 3 Peaks Challenge and have completed it twice, so this year we wanted to do something entirely new and bring more team members along for the ride!
The Lake district Ultra Challenge is made up of a number of challenges and the team will be completing them all in one day. The challenges are:
- Paddle the length of Ullswater from Pooley Bridge to Glenridding (sea kayaks) which is approximately 7.5 miles long
- Bike from Glenridding over Kirkstone Pass to Hodge Close by Coniston. Approximately 18 miles depending the route
- Undertake a 120ft abseil
- Bike to the foot of Old Man Coniston Approximately 5 miles depending the route
- Ascend Old Man of Coniston (2,634ft high)
- Open water swim in Coniston Water to the finish line
AYME (pronounced ‘aim’) is the largest charity for children and young people with ME/CFS, with over ten years of knowledge and experience about how this illness affects children and young people. They know how important it is to have good understanding friends which is why AYME offers lots of friendship-supporting services like an online community, pen pals, e-mates, buddies and local get-togethers, all run by other young people with ME/CFS.
To show your support for our team and AYME, please visit our justigiving page to donate: