Last week the Mirus Challengers ventured out to Caldecotte Lake in Milton Keynes to begin their water-side training for The Lake District Ultra Challenge on Sunday 3rd June 2012 .
The Mirus Challengers are taking part to raise money for Association of Young People with ME (AYME). http://www.ayme.org.uk/ and would very much welcome your support in reaching the target of £2000.00.
Any donations large or small will be gratefully received at http://www.justgiving.com/Mirus-Challenge
This week the team had their first Kayaking session.
Josh was the first to take a swim, but by the end of it most had shared water-time with the fish. Luckily the team have 3 more sessions to perfect their paddling.
The gruelling itinerary on the day sees the Challengers:
- Paddling the length of Ullswater from Pooley Bridge to Glenridding. 7.5 miles
- Cycling from Glenridding over Kirkstone Pass to Hodge Close by Coniston. 18 miles
- Undertaking a 120ft abseil
- Cycling to the foot of Old Man Coniston. 5 miles
- Ascending Old Man of Coniston
- And a final open water swim in Coniston Water
That a lot of work for one day! Full details on the challenge can be found at: http://www.3challenges.co.uk/the-lake-district-ultra-challenge/
Keep up the good work Mirus!