IT Support for Excellent Customer Service
Established in 1992 and opened by Irish star, David Feherty and European Ryder Cup captain, Bernard Gallacher, Mentmore Golf and Country Club lies in the shadow of Mentmore Towers. This magnificent country home was built for Baron Meyer Amschel de Rothschild and has featured in many blockbuster films, such as Batman. The Towers are a true icon of the local area.
Situated on the borders of Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire, the two superb 18-hole courses, The Rothschild and The Rosebery are played over rolling parkland and feature lakes, woods and spinneys.
The club has a user base of 30 people who are focused on providing services to both the members as well as the daily guests who attend the courses through corporate golf days, society events, or formal business meetings. The IT infrastructure was becoming outdated and preventing users from working at full capacity. Issues were being experienced with email system reliability and general network performance. The business also had concerns about the reliability of their current back-up processes as well as disaster recovery planning.
The client recognised Mirus IT as the leading provider of managed services in the local area and we undertook a full evaluation of their network through one of our Technical Consultants. This report was presented to the club alongside a detailed proposed solution to help eliminate the issues that the club was experiencing.
Mirus IT recommended that the club begin a process to migrate to the latest versions of the Microsoft software suite as well as refresh certain pieces of hardware that were causing significant issues for the users. Alongside this new infrastructure, resilient back-up processes and a disaster recovery solution were installed to allow access to their data in the event of a serious problem.
Following the installation of the new infrastructure, and with Mirus IT on-going support and management of the network, the club has seen a huge boost in both reliability and availability of their business systems and user productivity.
- A local dependable business partner that they could rely on for support of their network, giving the users a better more positive impression of the IT systems
- A full evaluation of the network to provide best practice advice on how to move forward
- Proactive support of their infrastructure – not just waiting from problems to occur
- Disaster recovery planning and implementation solution
- A partner that was focused on working together to identify the right solutions for the business challenges they faced
- On-going access to technical expertise about new solutions and business practices that the club could evaluate and implement in the future
- Pro-active account management with regular contact and meetings to constantly ensure the relationship continues to develop and flourish