You know those trust exercises. The ones where you stand up, close your eyes and fall backwards (expecting someone to catch you but fearing they won’t).
Well, if you don’t have the right backup and disaster recovery solution, you’ll hit the deck, hard.
The good news is, it doesn’t have to be complicated to put the right systems, processes and solutions in place.
Back up your entire infrastructure …
The golden rule to follow is to make sure you back up your entire infrastructure. And, yes, we mean everything.
- In other words, don’t focus on your files and databases alone.
- You need to make sure your servers, PCs, application settings, operating system configurations and bookmarks are also covered – the lot!
… and don’t neglect business continuity
Backing up is crucial. However, if that’s all you do then you’re likely to be caught out. In the event of a disaster recovery scenario, you may well have all your data. But what do you do with it?
The trouble with backing up alone is that it can lull you into a false sense of security. You back up your data, so everyone assumes everything is fine. However, when it comes to restoring the data, the problems start to creep in.
- You need a comprehensive business continuity and disaster recovery plan containing everything from system state to active directory permissions – so it’s never just a question of swapping over USB drives or tapes and hoping for the best.
- Know how you’re going to leverage your backed-up data and make everything work – and make sure that you don’t just rely on one person, because if they’re away on holiday or sick, you’ll be left in the lurch.
Focus on overall value not cost
Unless you’ve experienced a true disaster recovery scenario, you’re likely to be focused on cost rather than value.
- However, it shouldn’t take a damaging incident like ransomware to focus on the overall value delivered by a comprehensive disaster recovery plan.
- You need to develop a data recovery solution that’s right for your business. And we’re here to help you do just that.
Develop a tailored plan that fits your business
We work in partnership with Datto, whose market-leading backup, recovery and business continuity solutions are trusted by businesses all over the globe. Simplifying everything by providing a managed backup solution, we take responsibility for both your backup and disaster recovery scenarios.
- We remove the need for any manual intervention – everything becomes automated and happens in the background.
- Any issues or failures are logged directly with us to deal with and resolve.
- Each day’s backup gives us a screenshot of your server’s boot screen highlighting that the data is ready to be used.
As a result, you can relax knowing that, in the event of disaster, we’re here to help. Going back to that original eyes-closed exercise, we’ll be there to catch you when you fall.