We have the lowdown on all of the top IT and technology events taking place in the UK this year. Find out what’s happening where so you can meet likeminded individuals and learn some new skills.
14th-15th: Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit (London)
A chance for you to validate your security and risk management strategy, so you can see what needs to be improved, kept the same, or changed in your approach for a clear vision into the future.
- How do I gain the leadership skills I need, and make the right decisions in the digital business?
- How can I gain insight into the most effective security technologies to protect my organizations as we look to embrace new opportunities?
- How can I improve efficiency, optimize risk management processes and ensure compliance within my organization
16th-17th: Gartner Catalyst Conference (London)
Built on leading-edge Gartner for Technical Professionals research, Catalyst delivers a deep dive into the most challenging technical trends. An event for technologists tasked to develop and implement strategies to leverage mobile, cloud, and big data to drive operations and competitive advantage.
- Building Your Digital Business on Cloud and Programmable Infrastructure
- Delivering Digital Solutions from Mobility to the Internet of Things
- Delivering Applications, Data, and Collaboration in the Digital Workplace
- Understanding and Capitalizing on the Internet of Things (virtual)
- Scaling Security and Identity for your Digital Business Foundations (virtual)
- Think Differently, Act Effectively – and Thrive! (virtual)
28th: Cloud Computing Needs You! (10 St Bride Street, London)
A chance for you to join techUK's Cloud 2020 debate and help techUK determine the most important issue that will impact the future development of cloud computing in the UK.
Chaired by Phil Dawson, CEO Skyscape Cloud Services, speakers at the event will include:
• Andrew Voysey, MD, HP Software
• John Cunliffe, CTO Western & Central Europe, Ericsson
• Kate Craig-Wood, MD, Memset
• Carlos Oliveria, CEO, Shaping Cloud
• Dan Sutherland, CEO, Carrenza
• Mike Bentley, Director, Deloitte Digital
30th: Data Centre Summit North (The Old Trafford Conference Centre, Manchester)
The focus of the Data Centre Summit North is all about education, networking and debate. The exhibition hall will be where you can come across the newest products and services; it’s also where the networking lounge will be located. The exhibitor list is live online now and you can also register for your free ticket.
7th – 8th: IP Expo Europe (ExCeL London)
As the leading cloud, IT infrastructure and digital event in Europe, IP Expo is probably going to be the place for you if you work in any of these fields. Now in its 10th year, there are six events under one roof – perfect if you want to find out how the latest IT innovations can drive your business forward. Key areas are cloud and infrastructure, and cyber security. Registration is already open online so get your tickets for free as soon as you can.
16th – 17th: WIRED2015 (Tobacco Dock, London)
After a sell-out event in 2014, the world of WIRED is being brought to life again in the form of WIRED2015. There are a whole range of disciplines at this conference, including design, programming and digital media. The speaker line-up in 2014 featured will.i.am and Sir John Hegarty, but you’ll have to wait a little longer to find out who will be speaking this year; news is expected very shortly though!
Which events are you planning to attend this year? Get in touch with us on Twitter to let us know.